Just like that, my girl is one. Wednesday night I teared up as I rocked my baby girl the evening before her birthday. How on earth had one year gone by so fast? As I thought about my tears, part of me felt silly. This stage is SO FUN, so why on earth was I feeling sad about her first birthday? I feel sad about time moving so fast, but not sad about the place where we are right now. Being a mom has been the greatest blessing and I just want to know that I am soaking up these days that seem to be flying by so fast. I want to know that I am loving her hard enough, teaching her enough, and doing my part to help shape her into the person that God intends for her to be.
- Favorite foods: Piggy mac (mac&cheese with ham), grilled cheese, sweet potatoes, applesauce pouches, pears
- Favorite toys (prior to her birthday): Learning play table, picnic basket
- Loves to play with my wallet and take out every single card
- Still loves to read!
- Weighs 20 lbs, 10 oz - 50%
- 30 inches long - 75%
- Loves to swing & slide at the park
- Loves to play ball with Lulu
- Says "dada", "guh" (for dog)
- Took her first steps on her birthday!
- She is quite the busy baby. Always on the go and keeping me on my toes.
- She has started to shake her head no. I think she understands some things she shouldn't do. She loves to dump over Lulu's food and water bowls, but now when she gets close to them she stops, looks at me, and shakes her head no. Unfortunately, if I can't move fast enough then she often times still dumps them over after she is done shaking her head.
- We have only successfully dropped one bottle, but hope to drop two of the others in the next week. The night time bottle is going to be hard to let go of. We have had some serious sleep issues over the last couple of months and we are finally back on track. I'm a little scared to mess with the bedtime routine. However, I know she needs to be done with bottles, so hopefully by 13 months we will have successfully dropped all of the bottles.
On her birthday, we had the best day! The day started off with sprinkle pancakes, which she LOVED.
After a morning nap we enjoyed lunch with my sister, nephews, and Anna...B had piggy mac, of course! After lunch we went to the pool with Anna and it was so fun. This was her first time in the pool since dipping her toes in last summer. She loved it! She loved it so much that she cried and cried when we had to leave. After the pool, she took her longest afternoon nap ever! Then we enjoyed dinner with Fletcher's parents that night.
I never knew that there would be times when I looked at this sweet girl that my heart would physically ache with how much I love her. I praise Jesus for the way He has used this tiny person to shape me over the last year, and I pray that God would give me wisdom as I work to help shape her. This year I have come to know a new joy and am so very thankful for getting to be this girl's mom.
Happy 1st Birthday Bets! You are such a perfect, spunky addition to our family!