- The biggest change I have noticed this past month is that she is into everything. She can't crawl yet, but she is constantly grabbing things I didn't think she could reach, or rolling to where she wants to go. Necklaces, glasses, earrings...nothing is safe when you are holding her!
- Right around 6 months we transitioned to a 4 hour schedule and it has been awesome! Why didn't I do this sooner? It was such an easy transition and I have loved this schedule.
- We finally started baby food! She has three meals a day. She has liked everything except for sweet potatoes and peas. Looking back, I think it was the texture of the sweet potatoes. I am going to reintroduce them soon. In the beginning I made my own baby food. Then we moved and things got a little too chaotic. I hope to get back to homemade baby food in the next couple of weeks.
- She eats 4 times a day. We also transitioned to formula this month, and she has formula for 3/4 feedings of the day. This was a bumpy transition, and her stomach was sensitive to formula at first. We finally landed on soy formula, and that has worked well.
- Sleeps 12 hours at night and takes 2 naps a day - morning and afternoon. Sometimes if she wakes up early from her afternoon nap then she has to take a short dinner time "snooze" but I don't let her sleep for more than 30 minutes.
- Wears size 2 diapers, averages 5 a day.
- She loves to talk. Her chatter mostly consists of "duh, duh, duh" and "guh, guh, guh." Fletcher is trying to help her convert the "duh duh" to "dada."
- She LOVES her paci so much. Thankfully, her paci clip keeps her paci close by and she takes it out and puts it in as she pleases.
- She does not like getting in her car seat. She gets over it pretty quickly, but she lets you know how she feels about it when you put her in. Lots of arching of the back and fussing.
- She loves people. She makes friends everywhere we go.
6 months >>> 7 months
Each month keeps getting better than the one before. We are so thankful for these precious days with our sweet baby girl. It really is crazy how fast time flies and how quickly she is changing!