- Baby girl has a name! I have decided not to share it on the blog, but we do have a name!
- First stage of nursery: operation clean out the room
In an effort to not be overwhelmed, I have decided to take it one month at a time. Here is what I'm looking to accomplish in the next month...
- Sign up for baby classes and a hospital tour
- Start reading the books on my bedside table
- Phase one of nursery decorating: choose paint, bedding, and curtains
There are a few things I want to document for my own sake, that are probably boring to read. But here it goes...
- I am really hungry in the mornings. I think I could eat from 8-11am straight. My appetite levels off at lunch, but at this time I have 3 phases of breakfast. 6:30am- cereal, 8:30am- peanut butter crackers, 10:00am - apple. These morning snacks get me to lunch time, when thankfully my appetite settles down.
- I can feel her kick! I felt her kick for the first time between 23 and 24 weeks. I feel it the most in the evening hours. It makes me really happy to feel her moving around.
- Nightly walks. About a month ago, Fletcher and I started taking walks together every night. I read that it is supposed to help nightly leg cramps. It has now become one of my favorite parts of the day. It is such a sweet time to talk about our days together. We have taken a few days off due to the arctic blast, and I have really missed our walks. As long as it is above 20 degrees, we bundle up and take our nightly walk.
- Cravings. I get a lot of questions about cravings. I don't feel like I crave one specific thing. Rather, when I decide I want something, I really want it...It just seems to be random at this point (but nothing too weird yet). I do have to admit that I have taken a serious interest in Taziki's chocolate cake.I never really cared about it before pregnancy, but it is one of my favorite desserts now. Fletcher got take out the other night and it made my day when I saw that he got me a slice of cake!
- Food aversions. Thankfully, I am over my aversion to meat. Maybe baby girl isn't a vegetarian after all. As the weeks go by, my pickiness is slowly fading, and I am thankful.
- Baby bump. I think I am on the verge of a big growth spurt. Some mornings I wake up and can tell I grew noticeably overnight. The baby bump is now obvious. For a while it depended on my outfit, but now you can tell I am pregnant no matter what I'm wearing. I do feel like the bump has been growing slowly up until this point. I know a big growth spurt is just around the corner.